Brewferm Cobra pH-pen
The temperature of the liquid can be read to 0.1 °C and the pH to 0.01. In addition, the pH meter is IP65 waterproof, so it can easily be rinsed off under the faucet. Due to its pen-shape, the pH meter is extremely suitable for use in narrow containers.
50.02 € (41.00 € tax excluded)
- Scale: 0 – 14.00 pH; 0 – 50 °C
- Reading pH per 0.01 pH, accuracy +- 0.1 pH
- Temperature reading per 0.1 °C, accuracy +- 1 °C
- Temperature in degrees Celsius and Fahrenheit
- ATC: Automatic Temperature Compensation up to +50 °C
- IP65 waterproof: can be rinsed off under the faucet
- Very clear display with both temperature and pH value
- 12 cm long narrow probe (diam. 12 mm) for easy measuring in cylinders, test-tubes, small bottles, …
- Long life span of the electrode due to the unique hermetic casing around the electrode. Make sure the casing around the electrode is always sufficiently filled with storage fluid (see accessory 013.084.8) so that the electrode does not dry out.
- Automatic one-touch calibration to up to 3 points, using the pH calibration solution (see accessory 013.079.9)
- Auto power off (can be switched off if desired)
- Data hold function
- Includes 2 button batteries CR 2032, good for up to 100 hours of measurement
- 3 year warranty (limited warranty on electrode)
Note: The electrode of a pH meter is very fragile. The best practice to prolong their life span is to take a sample and cool it down to max. 30 °C before measuring. The collected sample is only intended for measuring purposes and is not fit for human consumption.
pH in beer
The use of a pH meter enables you to control the quality of your beer. By monitoring the acidity or pH of your brew and by adjusting it if necessary, you can actively increase your yield. A correct pH value during mashing ensures optimal functioning of the enzymes that assure the saccharification of your wort. The right pH also ensures good protein flocculation and extraction of the right bittering hop substances during the boil. In short, the right pH provides better beer!
The maintenance of a pH meter
The pH meter is a precision instrument. Proper use and appropriate maintenance are important to enjoy your pH meter for a long time. Here are some considerations:
- Before the first measurement, the pH meter needs to be calibrated with the buffer solutions. If the pH meter can only be calibrated at one point, use the buffer solution that is closest to your normal measurements.
- When calibrating be careful that no contamination of the buffer solution occurs. Therefore never insert the electrode directly into the bottle, but instead measure by pouring a small amount in a separate cup. After calibration throw away the used cups, do not pour the liquid back into the bottle!
- Preferably never touch the electrode, certainly not with your fingers. If you would like to clean it, only use a soft cloth without rubbing the electrode.